...out like a lion, apparently. To snow in December is unusual here. Check out the lowland snow we saw today. Nice contrast, huh? The cherry trees are in bloom, and the crocus killer falls from the sky.
I saw this morning on the weather channel before I jumped in the car that the cherry blossoms are out in Washington DC too. All the years that I lived there, I never went downtown to see them... except what I could see on my commutes.
Actually crocuses can survive a bit of snow, but the cherry blossoms are much more delicate.
@VS: The cherry trees tend to start blooming in the city (Seattle) around late February. It's that light at the end of winter's tunnel. Today is CHILLY, but there is no snow.
weird weather has left me totallysick and wacked out. I just came back from Egyptwhere I was sick the whole time with weather variations from 100 degrees to almost freezing, not to mention the sand storms. Have u been to Hawaii yet? Rhonda
10 comments:
I saw this morning on the weather channel before I jumped in the car that the cherry blossoms are out in Washington DC too. All the years that I lived there, I never went downtown to see them... except what I could see on my commutes.
Actually crocuses can survive a bit of snow, but the cherry blossoms are much more delicate.
VS
I always love your photos CG.
THanks, Mona! :)
@VS: The cherry trees tend to start blooming in the city (Seattle) around late February. It's that light at the end of winter's tunnel. Today is CHILLY, but there is no snow.
That makes sense as Seattle has a much warmer winter than DC...
So you meant that they were late this year for you guys...
VS
I remember my first time seeing cherry blossoms in that big parc in Tokyo years ago, I felt for few seconds like dreaming. Splendid.
I love trees that blossom like that... I need to post photos I took of our recent snowfall too. My dogs looked hilarious in a foot and a half of snow!
And this is obviously not Egypt. I thought you lived in Egypt...
No longer, Dotsson.
weird weather has left me totallysick and wacked out. I just came back from Egyptwhere I was sick the whole time with weather variations from 100 degrees to almost freezing, not to mention the sand storms. Have u been to Hawaii yet? Rhonda
Hey Rhonda! How was Egypt? Can't wait to see your photos. I'm just back from a job fair in NYC. Hawaii is a week from tomorrow and not soon enough!
Post a Comment