Here is generational difference. When I saw Thunder Road, I immediately thought of the older version... from the old Steve McQueen movie of the same name.
Now about that big kiss at the end?!?!?! When was this and why wasn't that splashed all over the media like when Madonna did it. Did I just miss it when I was overseas?
Wow Cairogal, I've always thought that the live version is way worse than the original 1975 studio recording, but when I heard it this time it was brilliant. Other than the music, I've always wondered how does he (and Roger Waters for that matter)can come up with those out of this world and impossible lyrics, noting that he was only 24 or 25 when he wrote it and no way he had already experienced all what he was writing about. My other favorites are Badlands (and the entire Darkness on the edge of town album), and the very little known and underated and perfect Point Blank from the River.
3 comments:
Here is generational difference. When I saw Thunder Road, I immediately thought of the older version... from the old Steve McQueen movie of the same name.
Now about that big kiss at the end?!?!?! When was this and why wasn't that splashed all over the media like when Madonna did it. Did I just miss it when I was overseas?
VS
Wow Cairogal, I've always thought that the live version is way worse than the original 1975 studio recording, but when I heard it this time it was brilliant. Other than the music, I've always wondered how does he (and Roger Waters for that matter)can come up with those out of this world and impossible lyrics, noting that he was only 24 or 25 when he wrote it and no way he had already experienced all what he was writing about. My other favorites are Badlands (and the entire Darkness on the edge of town album), and the very little known and underated and perfect Point Blank from the River.
Mohd, I'm usually a bigger fan of studio versions, myself. Absolutely LOVED Badlands.
Post a Comment