Seen the Cheney piece, but am trying to play catch-up with Moore's CNN interview. Apparently the Larry King showdown is being replayed here in 30 minutes, so that will be my chance.
Everyone claims he's espousing "socialized" medicine, when it's really "public" medicine. The term socialized used to extract negative reactions, when we do have "public" schools, and "public" police and firemen - we don't pay for any of these services, except through taxes. Why is it, that getting health care stirs up such a controversy?
I loved Bowling for Columbine and I can't wait to see SICKO. Moore is somewhat of a loose canon, but I think his heart is in the right place. He has a knack for pissing people off royally, hahaha.
He uses a similar analogy to your public school one, I heard. If the fire department suddenly became for profit, there would be a lot of angry people out there who thought they were entitled to help in case of a fire.
Moore is not really good at live debate - but then who of us are.
The attack monkeys can only manage to scream "socialized medicine" and Michael Moore is FAT!!
I think he was much more careful of fact checking Sicko than F-911... or perhaps I should say a bit less spin. I thought F-911 put too much emphasis on the wrong details. It appears that he did better in Sicko.
VS
PS... I have already emailed and phoned all three of my congress critters that we have to impeach both of them NOW!! No more pussyfooting around!!
3 comments:
Seen the Cheney piece, but am trying to play catch-up with Moore's CNN interview. Apparently the Larry King showdown is being replayed here in 30 minutes, so that will be my chance.
Everyone claims he's espousing "socialized" medicine, when it's really "public" medicine. The term socialized used to extract negative reactions, when we do have "public" schools, and "public" police and firemen - we don't pay for any of these services, except through taxes. Why is it, that getting health care stirs up such a controversy?
I loved Bowling for Columbine and I can't wait to see SICKO. Moore is somewhat of a loose canon, but I think his heart is in the right place. He has a knack for pissing people off royally, hahaha.
He uses a similar analogy to your public school one, I heard. If the fire department suddenly became for profit, there would be a lot of angry people out there who thought they were entitled to help in case of a fire.
Moore is not really good at live debate - but then who of us are.
The attack monkeys can only manage to scream "socialized medicine" and Michael Moore is FAT!!
I think he was much more careful of fact checking Sicko than F-911... or perhaps I should say a bit less spin. I thought F-911 put too much emphasis on the wrong details. It appears that he did better in Sicko.
VS
PS... I have already emailed and phoned all three of my congress critters that we have to impeach both of them NOW!! No more pussyfooting around!!
Post a Comment