Monday, June 04, 2007

When Will Johnny Comes Marching Home Again?


...that depends on when congress stops voting to fund the war.


Too bad free speech isn't really free to some Americans. If you don't tow the party line, you're an 'idiot' and a 'coward', and are not entitled to think contrary to the war machine.

God bless America for giving me the right to shut up or put up, love it or leave it. What a notion that hundreds of thousands of men and women have died so that I may be called a 'hypocrite' for mocking what the majority of the world and now most Americans call a reckless administration, whose best interests have always been their own; not remotely representative of the American people. O' country tis of thee, sweet land of liberty that apparently favours loss of lives over diplomacy (aka 'enlightened guidence [sic]'), according to some Americans. This land is your land, this land is my land until your speak out against the Bush administration. Then all bets are off.

Yet, I am still proud to be an American, where at least I know I'm free to be subjected to the insulting comments from various aliases (not naming any names Mr. IworkforWestinghourseAirBrakeCo.inWilmerding,PA)

Dearest commenters:
If you are currently off your meds, kindly take them, and return in 2 hours to share you ideas.



Photo credits here.

10 comments:

tamara said...

Amen!

I know a lot of people that need a few more prescription medications in their bathroom cabinets and need to take it, or take double!

Simply Eva said...

oooooooooooo--I love it when idiots get outed!!!! Good job CG!!!

vagabondblogger said...

I made a promist to myself to restrict my comments when I've been drinking.

Mr. Smarterthanyou said...

Pacifists love to compare Iraq to Viet Nam.

They both have one thing in common:
Democratic support at the beginning, and then the troops were stabbed in the back in the end by the same people.

True, some of you opposed it from the beginning, but then you are dhimmis, even if you lack the knowledge to understand what that term means.

Mr. Smarterthanyou said...

PS

Diplomacy only works when the other guy is reasonable.

Is your idea of free speech and debate posting employer info, in the hopes that one of your scummy friends will start harassment?

Saudi Stepford Wife-Daisy said...

Even though it took long enough I'm glad more people have come on board with opposing the war. I remember at first it seemed like I was the only one who couldn't reason why 9/11 and Iraq were constantly being used in the same sentence. Whenever the topic came up, I may has well painted myself red and called myself a 'commie' for considering going there was wrong. I guess we have to say, better late than never.

Susan said...

"Is your idea of free speech and debate posting employer info, in the hopes that one of your scummy friends will start harassment?"

Actually, no. I don't actually see the point in debating someone who started off slinging insults. Free speech? You got it! You just have no anonymity.

Susan said...

SSW:

I lived in Egypt during 9/11 and later in the UAE when the Iraq war started. I remember coming out of that cocoon and coming home for a visit, in which very few people seemed to oppose the war. I was also overwelmed w/ the rise in nationalism: bumber stickers galore. The American flag was now equated w/ support for the war.

Simply Eva said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Simply Eva said...

Now see this is what's GREAT with America. You can have a really decent career, work for a prestigious company, and screw over your employer by playing on the computer during work hours. If I could get away with that, I wouldnt worry about harrassment, I'd worry my boss would fire me for being a slacker.