Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Need Some Help on Sri Lanka

I think I mentioned in another post that I'm scanning all my prints to digital right now. I'm trying to recall the names of places as I do this. When it comes to this temple in Sri Lanka, I'm stuck. It would be located near Bentota...a reasonable driving distance. Perhaps less than 2 hours? It was not in a bustling city area. One of the photos is of a Buddha laying down. We're viewing what I believe to be prayers written on his feet. Does anyone recognise this? I'm hoping my tags will bring in some Googlers who know a bit about Sri Lanka. I have more photos if a reader thinks they've been to this temple or recognise it.




5 comments:

Simply Eva said...

I cant help you CG, but I am sure impressed by all the places you've been! Took a lot of courage--which sorry to say--I dont have--at least not alone.

vagabondblogger said...

Never been there. Sorry I can't help, but the photos are great!

PM said...

Is it the temple near Balapitiya?

Am wracking my brain ;-)

Susan said...

I have such a hard time getting information online to help me match the name w/ the temple, PM. I wish I could find photos to compare. I think I would recognise it. Might try flickr w/ that name!

Susan said...

I googled images of temples in Balapitiya...doesn't look like the same one. This temple was smaller, and very much surrounded by trees.