I'm rather tied up with work and trying to finish my MA thesis by the end lf this month. If you haven't seen this series on HBO, it's a must rent from Netflix. Really, really well-made.
Why get the premiums if you can stroll over to mom's place and watch hers? ;-) We don't have HBO, but I just rented this from netflix on a recommendation.
This is interesting and may go on my list - I've heard of it but didn't think too much about it.
My first year abroad (four or five years ago), my mom actually sent me tapes of ER. Luckily since then I have joined the ranks of DVD-watchers and these HBO shows are great.
As far as I know there is one way to get Netflix abroad: marry someone who works at US embassy and you will have a US address. I may just have to look into this.
I can't recall what made me rent it, Katie, but as soon as I did, I was hooked! What country are you living in now? Probably cheaper to get HBO which "should" have it in their lineup, but you know how that varies from country to country.
8 comments:
I love Big Love! I wish HBO offered downloads off of iTunes, but they don't. I'll just have to get the DVD's.
I just devoured season 1 (rented through Netflix). The clip shown here I've never seen, so I wondered if it was a promotional preview.
My mother is hooked on this one. I watch almost no TV or movies myself...
It has replaced the Sopranos in her affections... which replaced that funeral parlor series... which replaced Sex in the City.
Interesting how most of the critically acclaimed series come from HBO. I don't pay to get the premium channels...
VS
Why get the premiums if you can stroll over to mom's place and watch hers? ;-) We don't have HBO, but I just rented this from netflix on a recommendation.
You don't even have to do that... Mumsy has lots of VCRs taping on a continuous basis.
VS
This is interesting and may go on my list - I've heard of it but didn't think too much about it.
My first year abroad (four or five years ago), my mom actually sent me tapes of ER. Luckily since then I have joined the ranks of DVD-watchers and these HBO shows are great.
As far as I know there is one way to get Netflix abroad: marry someone who works at US embassy and you will have a US address. I may just have to look into this.
I can't recall what made me rent it, Katie, but as soon as I did, I was hooked! What country are you living in now? Probably cheaper to get HBO which "should" have it in their lineup, but you know how that varies from country to country.
I'm in Eastern Europe for the time being...I'm not sure if real HBO is an option, but it would be pretty cool.
Post a Comment