
Eva flatters me by nominating me for the "Thinking Blogger Award" I don't think I speak my mind on this blog as much as I do in the comment sections of other people's blogs, but I am flattered, nonetheless, Eva. :-)
Now I have to pass this award on to 5 other bloggers who really make me think. So here goes...
1. Living in Egypt: Maryanne writes about her daily life in Egypt in such an artful manner...If there's ever been a blogger I want to meet, it's her. She does Egypt and Egyptians such justice.
2. PM's World: Because she's thoughtful, fair, and never afraid to question the cultural and religious issues facing much of the Gulf region today (we must meet next time I'm on your side of the Arabian Gulf, L).
3. Diasporic Discontents: She's a teacher of Egyptian stock who's grown up in a number of different countries, and faces challenges that few can relate to.
4. Ha Ana Za : Arima shares a lot of thoughtful insight on Egypt, the UK and stuff in between.
5. Postcards from Cairo: She's a teacher and a quiltmaker, what's not to love? Jenny writes about life in Cairo as an Australian expat.
Here are the rules from the originating site of the award:
Should you choose to participate, please make sure you pass this list of rules to the blogs you are tagging. I thought it would be appropriate to include them with the meme. The participation rules are simple:
1. If, and only if, you get tagged, write a post with links to 5 blogs that make you think.
2. Link to this post so that people can easily find the exact origin of the meme.
3. Optional: Proudly display the 'Thinking Blogger Award' with a link to the post that you wrote (here is an alternative silver version if gold doesn't fit your blog).
That was that! Please, remember to tag blogs with real merits, i.e. relative content, and above all - blogs that really get you thinking!



6 comments:
PM is a deep thinker. Loving the list. Gotta check the rest out :-)
Was going to nominate you, OM, but Eva beat me to it.
I love "Living in Egypt"--it was a very hard choice for me--there were so many blogs I truly love. I wish I had thought to give her an honorary mention. Maybe I will do a pimp post about her blog!
Awwww! I'm really touched. your encouragement means alot to me and I think this is a really great way to spur us all to take a more thoughtful attitude to our blogs and really work on some quality writing. Thanks alot honey :)
Keep writing, Arima! :)))
I love Living in Egypt - one of the first blogs I found about life here. And Postcards from Cairo. A quilter in Cairo!? I can't believe it. Definitely on my favorites.
Post a Comment