Tuesday, December 26, 2006

This post is titled "How to Avoid Working on My Dissertation"


Visitor map for my site: I really need to work on South American readers and pretty much all the "-stan" countries. Ok, and most of Africa. I've only had 1 or 2 visits from Oz, and none from the Kiwis.

9 comments:

PM said...

I know this avoidance technique! I used it faithfully while working on mine ;-))) What's your diss on? MA or PhD?

Salaamz,
PM

Susan said...

I am so good at finding ways to distract myself. Heading to Dubai in late-January for a little R and R and I need to get this proposal out to my dissertation supervisor before going. MEd TESOL. Hopefully it brings us back to work in your general direction, PM. What did you get your MA of PhD in?

PM said...

PhD in Art History.

Dubai? Can I pop over to meet you? Maybe I can put you in touch with some folks at Education City here in Doha (either one of the unis or the Academic Bridge Program). Have you started applying to places yet?

You can email me if you are interested.

Susan said...

You can most definitely pop over and meet me!! PhD in Art History makes you a real asset wherever you're working in the Gulf, no doubt. I haven't started applying since my husband does not want to go back to the Gulf jobless. He'd like to do an MBA here (I don't think I can survive 2 years longer) and then head back in that general direction, though I would like to call on your assistance when the time comes to start applying!

Carmen said...

I used to snip my split ends when I was working on my dissertation...

Susan said...

Just got a hair cut, Carmen, but have managed to bite my nails down to bloody nubs.

PM said...

Has your husband thought of doing an MBA at the American University in Dubai or Sharjah (AUD, AUS)?

Susan said...

When we lived in Dubai, he toyed w/ the Wollongong (sp) U MBA. I've been trying to encourage him to consider going back and doing the MBA while i work for wherever. He's afraid of not having work (like when coming to the US and waiting for the work permit for months on end), though if you're doing an MBA, you'd think that was solved. What do you know about their MBAs in particular? Reputable? Good for employment opportunities in the Gulf?

Stacy said...

Good to know I'm not the only one avoiding working on my dissertation!