This woman is very brave for speaking out, and staying right on point, when the interviewer tried to change the sbuject, and when she told him that it was between her and God, he had nothing to say, except the same statement about heresy again.
It's not Anti-Islamic to criticize Islam, Criticism is healthy because it helps you question yourself and who you are, but I fear that anyone who isn't directly linked whether through birth, marriage, or conversion to Islam are labeled as people who judge Islam, without baseing their opinions on facts.
Most of the modern world condemns such acts, isn't that a sign that your culture, religion and customs need to change?
"It's not Anti-Islamic to criticize Islam, Criticism is healthy..."
I think that somehow criticism of religion within predominantly Islamic cultures is discouraged, but I can't say whether it's because of the faith or culture. I usually lean towards the latter when laying the blame, since it's often cultural norms labelled as religious that muck this whole thing up.
"Most of the modern world condemns such acts, isn't that a sign that your culture, religion and customs need to change?"
I suppose if you perceive the modern world to be God-less and without morals, then you don't give a rat's ass what they think about you and your faith.
Wow, I wish I had those kinds of cojones. That was a brilliant, blistering display of things that needed to be said. I'd love to send her an email and tell her what an inspiration she is.
Incidentally, CG, following up on your comment about critiquing others because your faith gives you that entitlement, Richard Dawkins has a really great chapter in his book "The God Delusion" about how matters of faith are given a pass simply because they are matters of faith. They're never scrutinized to any credible degree, out of "respect". I really recommend that book.
6 comments:
Yeah, she really does! but what she has said needs to be brought out. it's amazing how many still hide it under the name of islam.
I'd like to think that it will, Julianna, but I suspect it won't happen for a while now.
This woman is very brave for speaking out, and staying right on point, when the interviewer tried to change the sbuject, and when she told him that it was between her and God, he had nothing to say, except the same statement about heresy again.
It's not Anti-Islamic to criticize Islam, Criticism is healthy because it helps you question yourself and who you are, but I fear that anyone who isn't directly linked whether through birth, marriage, or conversion to Islam are labeled as people who judge Islam, without baseing their opinions on facts.
Most of the modern world condemns such acts, isn't that a sign that your culture, religion and customs need to change?
not to mention, they use Islam as a way to hide their flaws, and wrong doings, whenever a non-muslim has a word or two to say about them.
Christians do this too, They did it to steal 2 of the last elections. so I'm not being biased but honest.
"It's not Anti-Islamic to criticize Islam, Criticism is healthy..."
I think that somehow criticism of religion within predominantly Islamic cultures is discouraged, but I can't say whether it's because of the faith or culture. I usually lean towards the latter when laying the blame, since it's often cultural norms labelled as religious that muck this whole thing up.
"Most of the modern world condemns such acts, isn't that a sign that your culture, religion and customs need to change?"
I suppose if you perceive the modern world to be God-less and without morals, then you don't give a rat's ass what they think about you and your faith.
Wow, I wish I had those kinds of cojones. That was a brilliant, blistering display of things that needed to be said. I'd love to send her an email and tell her what an inspiration she is.
Incidentally, CG, following up on your comment about critiquing others because your faith gives you that entitlement, Richard Dawkins has a really great chapter in his book "The God Delusion" about how matters of faith are given a pass simply because they are matters of faith. They're never scrutinized to any credible degree, out of "respect". I really recommend that book.
Post a Comment